Welcome to Wyard Druitt, makers of high quality decanter labels, or wine labels, as they are also known. We specialise in reproducing rare and unusual antique 18th century designs. Exciting new labels are being created such as the Galloping Horse. We also undertake commissions to create labels to customers' specifications. Each label is hand-finished.
If you are reading this website, the chances are that you enjoy a glass of wine with your meal, or that you know someone who does. Whether serving an old or young wine, in a dining hall or at the kitchen table, a decanter will enhance the appearance and the flavour of the wine.
Our labels are crafted in sterling silver, or silver-gilt (sterling silver with a rich 24-carat gold plating). Each label carries the following hallmarks as symbols of integrity, indicating the year and city of production:
- The Wyard Druitt maker's mark
- Lion Passant - introduced in 1544 and recognised today as the symbol for sterling silver
- Silver content
- Anchor - the mark of the Birmingham Assay office
- Date Letter - indicating the year of hallmark, in this case denoting 2004
- The Wyard Druitt trade mark